Developed years ago to speed up work rates, pulse-width modulation (PWM) systems now are used to improve accuracy and slash chemical costs.
PWM spraying includes:
- Individual nozzle control.
- Overlap and turn compensation.
- Quick, real-time flow rate changes while minimally impacting droplet size.
StrictSprayPlus the PWM system
Today, it’s customary to set the machine so that all plants get at least the desired amount of chemicals. The application rate and the concentration in the tank are set for a specific situation, not targeting any specific area or needs. This results in an application rate that is too high in most areas of the field, and too low in others. Therefore, too many chemicals are being applied resulting in uneven distribution over the field. Agrifac decided to address this deficiency with StrictSprayPlus.
Farmers need the certainty that a desired amount of chemicals is sprayed where it is needed. This ensures that the chemicals can do their work and the right plant can be fed and protected at the right time.
StrictSprayPlus has three features that contribute to the application of the precise amount of chemicals.
1. Sections with one nozzle
To prevent overlapping and overdosing as much as possible, each nozzle can be closed and opened individually.
2. Turn compensation
When turning during spraying, different nozzles travel at different speeds. In the outside of the turn, the nozzles have to spray further than in the inside of a turn. In order to spray the same amount consistently, faster travelling nozzles have to spray more and slower travelling nozzles less. StrictSprayPlus is the first system that really compensates for turns and delivers 100% spray coverage everywhere.
3. Pressure-independent speed control
The amount is regulated by changing the water pressure. Changes in pressure not only change the speed at which liquid flows through each nozzle, but also the spray pattern and the droplet size. StrictSprayPlus does not have to change the spray pressure, so spray pattern and droplet size remain the same, irrespective of the flow speed.
Control per nozzle
In order to achieve this, StrictSprayPlus calculates the speed and the desired spray amount for each nozzle. The values are used to determine how much each individual nozzle should spray. The flow speed is controlled by changing the time that the fast switching nozzle (100 times per second max.) opens and closes. The amount for each nozzle is determined by changing the ratio and the frequency between open and closed. The variable frequency and the ability to change the open and close time for each nozzle individually keeps the number of switches per second as low as possible and as high as necessary. This guarantees good coverage, a precise spray pattern and a longer valve life.
- Reduce the amount of chemicals used by only applying in the desired area
- Turn compensation delivers 100% spray coverage everywhere regardless of travel speed or location of crop in comparison to boom movement
- Spray pressure is measured by StrictSprayPlus by change in speed of liquid through each nozzle plus spray pattern droplet size
- Prevent overlapping and overdosing with single nozzle shut-off
- Pressure independent speed control enables the crop to receive the desired amount irrespective of the flow speed
- Fast switching nozzle opens and closes up to 100 times per second with StrictSprayPlus
- Increase longevity of the valves with a more precise spray pattern, whilst still achieving good coverage
Expand your Condor with these innovative spraying technologies
Best coverage and up to 95% drift reduction with, HighTechAirPlus (HTA)
Changing (weather) conditions, the right amount of chemicals, a smaller window of opportunity: A challenge you can tackle with the HighTechAirPlus system. HighTechAirPlus is a combination of traditional spraying, air assistance and mixing in the nozzle holders. The perfect combination to create a constant and easily set droplet size that can be adjusted to changing conditions from the cab.Learn More
Air assistance to get the chemicals to the right spot, AirFlowPlus
Agrifac is introducing the air assistance system, AirFlowPlus. The distinguishing feature of this system is the installation of fans every three metres. This creates an unprecedented air capacity and uniform distribution of the air across the total width of the spray boom, irrespective of the working widths and the number of boom sections you are working with!Learn More
For a precise distribution off liquid fertilisers, LiquidPlus
LiquidPlus enables you to work with liquid (synthetic) fertilisers. This allows for more precise dosing and distribution. The very precise distribution reduces costs and increases efficiency.Learn More
Vertical crop spraying with VertiPlus
Agrifac has developed a special spraying system so you can spray vertical crops such as asparagus vertically. The VertiPlus system is attached to the Condor’s standard J-boom.Learn More
Super fast, safe and smooth folding with FastFoldPlus
Your spray boom is unfolded and folded easier and faster than ever before. A 48 metre wide boom can be unfolded in 20 seconds.Learn More
PurifyPlus,Quick and easy cleaning
With PurifyPlus, the water system is easy and quick to clean.Learn More
StrictSprayPlus is available on these Condor sprayers
- Every drop hits the right spot
- 99,99% use of spray liquid
- Less use of water
- All benefits of a Condor
- Maximum output
- Maximum acreage
- Spray tracks are no longer a problem
- All benefits of the Condor
- Take care of your crops on steep slopes
- High ground clearance
- This Condor remains perfectly stable at all axles
- All benefits of a Condor
Condor Endurance II
Condor Endurance II
- Built for maximal capacity and speed
- J-booms available up to 55 metres
- 8000 litre tank
- Red dot Award winning 2019